First of all, I must start off by apologising to Clive, I said I would do this a while back.

Like many of you, the rear cross member on my 90 was rotting and had been patched to get it through the MOT. Unfortunately as you know this is only a temporary fix.

After a lot of research I realised I had a few choices.

Build my own cross member, satisfying but realistically very slow in my case.

Buy a L/R cross member and have it fitted, expensive.

Buy a pattern part, dubious build quality.

Finally I found http://www.blacksheepcrossmember.co.uk/ I spent quite a while reading up about Clive and his cross members. All the reviews told of the highest quality work. I was sold.

I contacted Clive and he came round to see the 90. A price was agreed and the last weekend in January was booked for the work.

On the Saturday morning I dropped the 90 off at his workshop, Clive showed me the cross member and fitting kit he had made. Being 6mm thick, it’s a sturdy thing of beauty.

Sunday lunchtime I got a phone call, the 90 was ready.

I went to collect the 90 and was met with a greatly improved rear end. Clive explained that the loom for the rear lights had become brittle and some of the wires had snapped when he had moved it up out of the way. He fixed it but didn’t want any money for this work but I insisted in paying him extra. He went on to say he had had some problems spraying the new metal work due to the cold clogging his spray gun. It looks fine to me.

Anyway enough rambling. I have no financial interest in Clive but I do believe that great service and workmanship should be rewarded by being spoken about.

Clive can be found at the above site or on Facebook.

He’s moved workshop but doesn’t advertise its location for security. It’s probably best to contact him via email first off, he has two mobiles, one on Facebook and the other on his website. That’s because one works at home but not at his workshop and the other works at his workshop but not at home…

For some reason I can't add pictures, I will keep trying.

If you require pics of the work, I can email them to you...

Any questions don’t hesitate to ask… John

I have one of his cross members on my 90.

I ordered it and pd and was given a delivery time. ..... sadly he left a whole batch out for the courier and some scrote nicked them...... so he had to make another batch. ..... mine came in kit form for me to fit, which was easy on my bare chassis. ..... I've had several comments about it and always give his name. .....

I have one of his cross members on my 90.

I ordered it and pd and was given a delivery time. ..... sadly he left a whole batch out for the courier and some scrote nicked them...... so he had to make another batch. ..... mine came in kit form for me to fit, which was easy on my bare chassis. ..... I've had several comments about it and always give his name. .....

He is a top chap and his work puts many others to shame...

I just wish I could upload a couple pics of mine but my pc is playing up...

A mate up the road had one for his 110 and not only was it cheaper than the pattern type but fitted better too , and nice and HD as reported .

I recently bought a pattern one , supposedly the best on the market and the chassis leg extensions were the wrong shape and length - too long , both out of line to the passenger side by 15mm and also twisted off vertical by a few degrees . It didn't end there , the rear floor supports were 20mm too high at the forward end too .

Once that was all rectified and welded up you'd think good to go ....no..........the holes for the tow hitch , a Dixon-bate , were 4mm too close together and 16mm dia dead so bolts were tight anyway , then the brace mount holes were 25mm higher up the sideplate of the curved section , dead size again with less than strong anti crush plating inside , either that or my 3/8" snapon rattle gun is a lot more powerful than I thought .

This x-member came with no manufacturing ID so I'm trying to find out who made it ..... not Clive that's for sure :)

cheers

Steveb

I have one of Clive's masterpieces waiting to fit to my 110. I must raise this up the to do list.

I dealt with him by phone and text, and he was happy to take the time to discuss my specific requirements. He's also happy to accommodate your custom needs.

Top chap.

Again, no interest other than a happy customer.

• 2 months later...

I have ordered one of Clive's cross members for my 90. I had a good look around here, there and everywhere for the best value for money and kept coming back to Blacksheep and Clive.

I was going to get Clive to fit it for me, but by the time I ordered the parts he had stopped his fitting service..... I think the word required here is BUGGER! Never mind I'll have to find someone in the Bristol area to do it..... any recommendations?

Clive supplies a great product at a great price.... He is very helpful and will offer advice if you have a problem.

10 out of 10