rear recovery eyes

gsr341

hello :)

ive recently had a tubular rear cros member fitted to my 90 , but i now need some recovery points on it :unsure:

would 12 or 16mm stainless steel bar bent and welded in be up to the job of recovering a stuck landy :huh:

if not what material should i look at using

cheers :)

Eh ? :blink:

Best to post some picvs up

Did you do the rear cross member yourself ?. if so I am seriously puzzled as to why you didn't build recovery points into it pre weldeing it on.

If not then its not just the mm thickness of the recovery points but whatthey are attached to, as if the rear cross member isn't up to it then however big the recovery points are is er...irrelevent ?

Why did you go tube rear ?

Whats the spec size wall thickness of it, and some oics may help us understand what your asking ?

Nige

I am no expert, but I would have thought that unless your crossmember is also stainless steel, then I would stick to Mild Steel for the recovery points.

I would also go for 18 or 20mm diameter bar...

cheers

Mark

I am no expert, but I would have thought that unless your crossmember is also stainless steel, then I would stick to Mild Steel for the recovery points.

I would also go for 18 or 20mm diameter bar...

cheers

Mark

I'm sure I've seen this on the rear cross member of a vehicle, I think it may have been Simon Bucks. I may have been wrong and that the steel was just polished from regular use, though.