Press Brakes

Hi all,

Most of the industrial press brakes are HUGE, but taklking a while back to Paul W he did confirm that there are some press brakes that are say a 1 metre bed rather than the "Normal" 3 metre etc.

Anyone know makes models or where maybe from S/H tool shops etc.

Been hunting but not found anything so far ? :huh:

Nige

It's like a big powered folder, rather than a guillotine...

Well in that case i kinda know what i'm on about :)

At work there are various folders in diffrent departments, ranging from a rather tasty 3metre hydraulic jobbie that can manage 10mm plate (probably bigger too but 10mm is the thickest we have), to rather small 1 meter manual machines that can do 2-3mm steel max or upto around 5mm ali - I have tired to bend thicker stuff with these but due to not being able lower the folding edge enough it just tends to shear it

Gone slightly OT their, if you want recommendations of which manufacturers are best IMHO then i'll have a look at work on monday (cant remember of the top of my head)

Lewis

PMSL at Turbochargers comment :D

Ok

I would like one that will bend say 6mm, with a 1 metre(ish) bed, and nope, CNC I am not wantingr or NC - I'd prefer the old fashioned BMBMTWD system (Bit more bit more that willdooooo ) :lol:

I know chances of single phase is slim, but inverter can be got, and my mates has both leccy and an air line going to it - not sure why, or how that works, but again not a problem...

Keep the info coming

Nige

Well in that case i kinda know what i'm on about :)

At work there are various folders in diffrent departments, ranging from a rather tasty 3metre hydraulic jobbie that can manage 10mm plate (probably bigger too but 10mm is the thickest we have), to rather small 1 meter manual machines that can do 2-3mm steel max or upto around 5mm ali - I have tired to bend thicker stuff with these but due to not being able lower the folding edge enough it just tends to shear it

Gone slightly OT their, if you want recommendations of which manufacturers are best IMHO then i'll have a look at work on monday (cant remember of the top of my head)

Lewis

Still slightly OT

If you want to lower the folding edge, can't you add another slice of sheet below the one you want to bend as a packing peice?

This would raise the folded sheet with the same effect. You could alter the thickness of the packing to suit the difference in hieght required.

The main problem that I have seen with manual folders is that the clamping fingers are not strong enough for thicker sheet.