V8 pistons, UK suppliers that ship overseas

My 3.9 V8 D1 is at 240k km and I have the heads off atm. The bores look sick with a nice fingernail flicking ridge. Had them measured a and they are 3 times over the allowable limits.

Look at my location and you will not be surprised that options are limited locally. So I'm looking for UK supplier for 3.9 9.35:1 20 thou oversize pistons & rings at reasonable cost and who are happy to courier to me. Shipping will cost a whole lot more but that's a death and taxes thing. I was thinking of realsteel. Any other suggestions?

A possiblly available local option is the allparts pistons assemblies. Am I right to be cautious about them?

Other than the megasquirt and tubular headers the motor is stock. Family holiday car.

Turner will export to you, as will Rpi or Causeway4x4.

But you may want to have a look deeper into the engine before ordering.

If this is now visible, you may find more - and the shipping costs will not be much higher for extra things like bearings etc..

Good luck !

If the engine is badly worn are you not better off just getting a decent used engine to keep you going?

(If bores are that worn what state the cam/crank/rockers/valves etc)

There are a couple of good LR breakers around Joburg who Im sure could help with spares or an engine cant recall names right now but have used one up near centurion, dont know about CT but Internal freight charges are quite reasonable.

If you need something shipping from UK and are struggling, drop me a message and I'll gladly help.

Darren

Thanks for advice (and kind offer) I was surprised to find the pistons are readily available here (and cheaper than importing). The question is becoming more of resleeve vs rebore but I will take the engine out and measure up before buying anything. Problem with used 3.9's here is that that are usually equally poked if not worse. I replaced my rockers and rocker shafts about 20k km ago and the heads look good. Peering through the valley the cam looks OK and I will replace lifters.

You can't replace lifter without the cam (and vice versa), they are matched to one another, and if you swap just one, the new part will be eaten by the old.

Only replace cam and lifters as a complete setup, genuine or Rhoads lifters only.