Anyone know an alternative

LR Series quote about half that price but it's only a half nut. Take a standard nut of the same thread and cut it down.

I don't 'know' the thread, but it is shown as for a late eighties vehicle (Defender 1987, 90/110, Discovery 1989 - 98, Range Rover Classic 1986 - 94), so I'd expect 3/8 UNF. What spanner size is it? If it's 9/16" AF then I'd definitely go for a 3/8 UNF.

Edited to say I had assumed you would have a spare plain nut, in usable condition, just floating around, but if not, and you insist on a new Land Rover part, use NH606041L for a 3/8 plain full nut.

If my sizing recollection is wrong, and it's a 7/16 UNF thread, then NH607041L is a full plain nut in that size.

Just try a full nut for space; I suspect viability depends on whether the pipe nut will pull up tight without hitting the retaining nut on the flexible.

Regards.

Iv since posting tried a half nut from a spare brake flexi and found this fits so just ordered a pack of 3 for under £6

I'd like some feedback on the size, please.

It's seems pretty clear that I've misremembered.

The Tidyco link is 'interesting', in the way of a Chinese curse.

The page linked to suggests it is a Metric thread; if you download the Goodridge pdf from that page it calls it "Locknut, 5/8” Whitworth"!!

The UK Classic parts link shows it as "5/8 INCH UNF - 15/16 INCH AF SPANNER SIZE", which is more believable.

Regards.