Lifting Defender Windscreen

so now that my megasquirt build is chugging along nicely I need to try get my head around my next project.

my V8 is a 110 and I have taken the roof off and drive it either completely open or with a little "bikini" top to keep the rain off my head. half doors, no door tops.

because I am a large chap I have fitted 30mm seat lifters and this had made a big difference to the driving comfort .... BUT..... now when I stop at the lights I need to duck down to see them!!!

so I was thinking about lifting my windscreen by 30mm or so

- I know the door tops will no longer fit - happy with this - roof won't fit either - also happy with this.

- has anyone done this?

- thinking about using the same hinge but just lifting the bottom bolt to the top one and putting a flatbar plate under to join to the bottom hole.

anyone has any ideas? suggestions?

for the "spacer" I am thinking of simply welding up a 30mm square tube to fit the profile

thanks Maverik, Mike and Mo for the feedback.

Maveri- I know those spikes, my grinder loves them :), grind them off when I build my BIG windscreens for my game drive vehicles in Botswana.

Mike & Mo - I too have been thinking about the hinge idea, I think having looked at the hinges that the bolts don't line up, they seem somehow offset so I think I will have to make my own hinge.