My latest attempt to stump Ralph

bishbosh

Does anyone know if the ZF autobox oil cooler pipes for a 300TDi Disco are the same as those for a 200TDi Disco?

I am only interested in the rigid parts - up to the front clamp by the sump.

Alternatively, does anyone have a set of cooler pipes from a 200TDi auto Disco going spare? (yeah, I know, Unicorn horns and hens teeth are more common) I would only want to borrow them to use as a pattern so I could get a custom set made up to receive the custom flexi hoses I currently have from the bog brush cooler.

With it being so tight between the exhaust and the engne block, I can't risk making up some approximate ones...

Anyone...?

EPC says No, the oil cooler pipes are different,

300Tdi auto uses ESR3239 & ESR3240 for the long rectangular style oil cooler.

doesn't mention 200Tdi/auto but goes on chasis numbers, so assuming upto KA064754 is a 200Tdi/auot vehicle, these used ESR2290 & ESR3240 --- These are for the bog brush type oil cooler unit.

can't e.mail you any EPC pages as I'm not near a printer/scanner.

next time try harder to stump me :i-m_so_happy::hysterical:

Ralph

As the Font of all things LandRover. Is there any difference in the PAS pump on a 200TDI Defender and Disco? Is it the hose connections? Angle of hoses when they attach or the nose length where it fits to the plate then the pulley? I'm converting a Disco lump to a Def front end. ie timing chest, alt and pas setup. I've got it all covered except the pas pump.

Many thanks in advance for any words of wisdom

. Is there any difference in the PAS pump on a 200TDI Defender and Disco? Is it the hose connections? Angle of hoses when they attach

I know I am a poor substitute for Ralph but you are correct, the pipe connections are at different angles. IIRC the Disco pump is cheaper. Well, as a Defender owner it would be wouldn't it?

Chris

Chris

If they are at different angles does it still fit on the Defender front end or am I going to have to buy a new pump.

Will be down your way tomorrow. Looking at the new workplace and to have a look see what there is about down there and get a feel for the place.

Dunno if it will fit the Defender front end or not. I imagine that the bolts will go in but that the connections will face the wrong way - I am sure someone will be along shortly who actually knows and does not guess like me.... :)

Have a nice day tomorrow, I would offer to meet up but we are out all day visiting family elswhere.

Chris

Thanks for the help. I'm sort of resigned to the fact that it's going to cost me. Just thinking out loud really.

Will pop to Bearmach in Maidstone tomorrow to sit the two pumps side by side if they'll let me.

Ralph

As the Font of all things LandRover. Is there any difference in the PAS pump on a 200TDI Defender and Disco? Is it the hose connections? Angle of hoses when they attach or the nose length where it fits to the plate then the pulley? I'm converting a Disco lump to a Def front end. ie timing chest, alt and pas setup. I've got it all covered except the pas pump.

Many thanks in advance for any words of wisdom

EPC tells me the Discovery 200Tdi pump is ETC8288, doesn't show the hose connections.

Defender 200Tdi pump is ETC8287 upto engine serial number -- 11L22454A

or NTC9070 from engine number 11L22455A. [as fitted to my 110] hoses are a banjo fitting on the rear vertical face & a stub pipe on the body barrel. [hose pushed on & secured with a jubilee clip] hope that helps.

mounting plate to engine is different to.

:i-m_so_happy:

Guest diesel_jim
Does anyone know if the ZF autobox oil cooler pipes for a 300TDi Disco are the same as those for a 200TDi Disco?

I am only interested in the rigid parts - up to the front clamp by the sump.

Alternatively, does anyone have a set of cooler pipes from a 200TDi auto Disco going spare? (yeah, I know, Unicorn horns and hens teeth are more common) I would only want to borrow them to use as a pattern so I could get a custom set made up to receive the custom flexi hoses I currently have from the bog brush cooler.

With it being so tight between the exhaust and the engne block, I can't risk making up some approximate ones...

Anyone...?

I've got a pair from a 300Tdi auto if you want to copy them...?

I've got a pair from a 300Tdi auto if you want to copy them...?

I'd love to borrow them to compare with what I have. Would be interesting to see how they differ...

Could arrange a rental for folding beer tokens mebbe?