How much to respray

I love my Defender and I'm steadily doing it up from a base model... The one thing that's really getting me is the white roof.

I see loads of other Defenders with the roof the same colour as the bodywork and they look much much better.

My questions; what sort of price should I expect to pay to have the roof resprayed the same colour? Or if it's worth doing, should I get the whole thing sprayed black?! (I'd like to know how much it costs to spray a whole D90!)

How long is a bit of string - meaning it all depends on how good a job you want? Material costs are fairly small so doing the preparation yourself will cut the cost considerably as will a cash in hand type job.

DIY would obviously be much cheaper and not really that demanding.

I am currently rebuilding a D90 from the ground up and to have every panel sprayed to show standard is costing me £1500.00. That is them doing the prep work and painting both inside and outside of panels including stone chipping the tub bottom and inner wings.

Tom

A long afternoon with some glasspaper and 5 tins of Plastikote matt-black wood-stove spray paint sorted out my white roof.

I now have a thematic match between the black modular wheels +tyres, the wheel arches, light surrounds and grill - it looks good and i'm happy with it.

I can't afford to get my truck resprayed, and if i'd had the roof done professionally it would have shown up the rest of the panels and their 25yr old Bronze Green.

Besides - i sort of like the 'patina of age' that flaky paint suggests. :P