MS - Jerky on/off throttle transitions

=jon=

Hi All

On very light throttle, such as tickling it along at 60mph on a dual carriageway with a slight downhill slope, the throttle will be very jerky - it's like the MS thinks it should be cutting fuel, then when you press the accelerator slightly more it comes off overrun fuel cut with a jolt and lots of transmission shunt. 

I've tried recalibrating the throttle sensor but that's made no difference. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jon

It's an auto. Here's the fuel cut settings:

fuel cut.jpg

AE is reasonably well tuned - no stutters etc when accelerating / mashing the throttle.

Looking at the above, maybe it's just as simple as changing the TPS Lower than % to something a bit lower! Durrr..

Ah, I see, I think MS1 029v...

Firstly I would turn that off, and go for a drive, see what difference it makes, if it helps, then great, we can look elsewhere :)

Second, that setting is a bit of a big hammer blow to the engine, there is a better way.... so turn that off, then go into 'Accel Enrichment Wizard', look at the 'Decel fuel amount (%)', report back...

I have previously run autos with 0% in there, however... they ran like you describe, and actually are much better/smoother when set to about 80% when coming back on the throttle, not sure why, but you can't cut it that much in there :)

Its a while since i've played with this...

CLT should be just below warm temp e.g. 85
I think the TPS 5% could be a bit high, i would make it 1%
 0.5s for delay 
And i would put a 1s delay for EGO on fuel return
But first as Bowie says, turn it off and see what it does to eliminate that as the cause.

I've not had a chance to take the laptop out yet and change it - it's on my list of jobs (along with fixing the cold start fuelling so it starts easily when it's sub zero)...

As it spends 95% of it's time running on gas, it's only when it runs out and I have to switch back to petrol that it reminds me to sort the petrol fuelling out... ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Tested this over the weekend, the jerky on/off throttle transitions have gone :)

With regards to the cold start fuelling - I added a load to the Cranking Pulse values and now it starts nicely on petrol from cold - however the values seem high compared to what tunerstudio suggests is 'normal' : 10c = 500%, 20c = 400%. Is this usual, just a quirk of the v8?