extra cig lighter / power feed in rear

MBE_NZ

apologies if this has been covered elsewhere and I've not found it.

I'm looking at installing an extra 12v power plug (or maybe two) in the rear of TD5 110 SW.

Probably in top rear corner. It would be used to power portable DVD player for boot bound children on trips, but no doubt find I would use it frequently once installed.

am thinking top left for future proofing and ease of attaching future accessories - maybe handheld spotlights / camping accessories and what have you

anyone been here, have any pointers / wiring advice?

thanks in advance

On TD5 Defenders and Puma Defenders, up to the 2011MY, there's a connector (C1692) behind the O/S/R light cover, that has a live and earth for an accessory socket -

C16922007MY.jpg

On earlier Defenders and pre-Defender 90/110s, the live and earth can also be found behind this cover, but on Lucas 3/16" Bullet connectors -

TowingElectricsPickup.jpg

On TD5 (post 2002) and Puma Defenders (up to 2011MY), it's fed from F2 (20A) in the under-seat fuse box.

It runs in 3.0mm2 Purple cable from F2 to the 9-way towing electrics pickup connector (C0929)

The live feed to C1692 is spliced off of this cable, in 2.5mm2 Purple cable.

The earth from C1692 is run in 4.0mm2 cable, back into the loom, where it runs back with other earths to earth point C0557 (C0565 on TD5 110s)