4.2 V8 Efi air filter cfm

5 hours ago, need4speed said:

Nope. Not in my book. I've had twins, four's, fives, sixes and even a twelve! 

A singing straight 5 Audi Quattro is the only thing that comes close!

You realise my daily is a 91 Audi coupe Quattro with a 5 cylinder 20V engine ;)

No turbo either, to muffle the exhaust :P

A V8 is lovely, but have to admit the Lexus LFA engine beats all.

15 hours ago, Disco-Ron said:

Go on neil..... try us!

The petrol one is reasonably obvious, the Rolls Royce Merlin.

The diesel you really have to have been there to hear one working hard. The Napier Deltic: 18 cylinders 3 crankshafts, 36 pistons

Edited by neil110

Agreed with the merlin..... in full flight they sound awesome. .. especially in a dog figgt style flight with the soubd coming and going under full power....

Whenever theres the chance to see one or more within reasonable distance I'm there.... in a flash!

Listen to the pass at 1.01 (oddly appropriate time)

I was in UK last year when the Canadian Lancaster made a visit to the local airport, the pilot really had the throttles opened wide as he flew overhead.

I was also working at RAF Leemimg when 11 sqn had their 75th anniversary. The BoB memorial flight did a 2 hour display and it was utterly utter in its wonderfulness

Edited by neil110

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2017 at 6:58 AM, Disco-Ron said:

4.2 x 6000 rpm = 25200 cubic ltrs per minute. So convert that to cfm and there's your answer..... that assumes it'll rev to 6k!

Roughly 890 cfm!

Not that I doubted you Ron, but I was on the Donaldson website looking at filter housings. They had 2 formulas for finding the CFM. One was a simple one which was multiple Hp x 2.5 so done 190x 2.5 = 475 cfm

then the other formula was more complicated accounting for volumetric efficent so gave it a VE of 2 as it is electronic and got 297 cfm, bloody hell 

Edited by skauldy

Ha,think it was off one of those huge cat mining dumpers lol.

confused now, the answers keep halving. The Land Rover wolf has a Donaldson filter fitted and it's good for 346 cfm, so I might go for the 475 answer :(