Do these idiots ever listen....

Guest MJG

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6188940.stm

"Flat-screen TVs - a Christmas "must-have" in many households - are among the latest gadgets to be black-listed by environmentalists for their heavy power consumption. But are they really the 4x4s of home entertainment?"

People who write this type of excrement should really be barred from ever putting their fingers to a keyboard again.......

Sean Coughlan whoever he/she/they are is clearly analy fixated with the concept of a direct comparison between big TV's and four wheel drive vehicles.... Frankly Sean I don't give a flying (insert the word of your choice here) as to your pathetic opinions.

I have a large TV because I can afford one and I wanted one.

I drive a less than economical car (surprsingly currently not a 4x4 but that does not make it more freindly to the environment) for the same reason....

When we have pulled Russia and China into line on their CO2 emmissions and the consequences of their lack of environmental awareness write such an article.

Till then Sean mate go and get yourself a colonic irrigation.... you clearly need one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6188940.stm

When we have pulled Russia and China into line on their CO2 emmissions and the consequences of their lack of environmental awareness write such an article.

Till then Sean mate go and get yourself a colonic irrigation.... you clearly need one.

Don't forget our "pals" across the pond too :o:P ...

Cheers,

As far as I'm aware, none of the developing countries do anything at all to control pollution - India, China, Malaysia, Africa. Last I knew, (a year ago now), the USA causes more waste/pollution per person than any other country in the world. Although I suspect China (have you seen the smog they have over there?), are perhaps in the lead now. Perhaps re-foresting the Amazon rain forest would help to reduce the amount of C02 instead of cutting down the equivalent of Wales every year.

Les.

"I have a large TV because I can afford one and I wanted one."

...And so do the people of China, now that, after years of repression and very low income, they are starting to earn more, because their economy is growing thanks to people, like you, who want affordable flat screen TV's.

Jon.

The CO2 being produced by China is staggering. I think personal awareness and reasonable attempts to cut ommisions is a good thing, but deep down I know if everyone in the UK were zero producers of carbon, it would make very little difference to the environment. All the up and coming economies are producing carbon at an alarming rate. Unfortunately with current population growth, and with a hunger for a taste of the western life style, there will be no going back now. It really is too late. I may get through this in my life time (really not sure about that), but i do fear the my kids future.

Complaint entered

"I am writing to complain about the article using the phrase "But are they really the 4x4s of home entertainment?" and "So does that make these sleek new TVs the gas-guzzling 4x4s of home entertainment?"

I appreciate this is an opinion piece, Sean Coughlan is to be congratulated on a good piece of tabloid newspaper style reporting, all issues and no substance, however like the BBC appears to have decided to object to 4x4's I am deciding to complain about discrimination and demonising statements such as these.

At lease Sean Coughlan doesn't pretend to actually be a reporter and write news, and I do hope his career at the Sunday Sport takes off."

To be fair it's an opinion piece and he can use statements like these, but they are terribly tabloid for the BBC

The more people that complain the more chance there is of something being done.

To complain use the contact us link at the bottom of the webpage.