Insurance question

02GF74

I was in an accident that is my fault. 

I exchanged details including insurance information with other driver as well as informing my insurance company. 

Although I am fully comp I will not be making a claim for my car. 

AFAIK that is all I need to do. 

Other driver has sent me an invoice saying I should forward it to my insurer but I don't believe I need to be involved in the other party's claim in any way. 

Is that correct? 

As Jeremy says, the claim is against you and you claim off your insurance.

In practice the insurance companies will sort it out between them, all you need do is forward correspondence on to them, do not reply to the sender, especially never admit liability to the third party or witnesses &c.

What should happen is they will contact there insurer and get quotes etc, there insurer will contact your insurer and they will sort it out between them with each company representing there respective client, then let you know the amount they have agreed on and your insurer will tell you about how much no claims etc you have lost and how much your renewal will be.

As has been said any thing that gets sent to you direct forward it straight to your insurance company, they represent you in any negotiations, the other party should not contact you directly and you definitely should not reply direct, if they have any questions direct them to your insurance company.

I have had a case personally where the other driver kept ringing me at home and work to demand payment and demand I sort it out (it was a narrow lane collision which was always going to go 50/50 with no other witnesses, even though I stopped and he hit my car hard enough to push it 3ft backwards he still insisted it was my fault, it did go 50/50 in the end). Reported it to my insurance and still kept getting calls, 5 or 6 a day, in the end had to report it to the police to stop the calls.

If for any reason you don't have valid insurance then it get more complex and they can come after you direct for the money, in which case get proper legal advice not some ones opinion on the internet!.