255 85 16 - non MT tyres...

=jon=

Hi All,

I'm currently running BFG 255 85 16 MTs, but now as the 110 seems to spend most of it's time sitting on the motorway, I'm considering swapping for something a little more road friendly (I'm sick of the woowoowoowoo noise at 70mph, and a few extra MPG wouldn't hurt either!!)

It looks like nobody makes ATs in the same size - which is a shame as I think the size really suits the car. The only other size I can see that's similar diameter is 285 75 16, with BFG ATs, but are these a bit wide compared? Anyone running them to be able to comment?

Cheers

Jon

285/75/16 BFG ATs seem to be a favourite for the Puma guys, I think they're what Twisted fit to most of their trucks aswell. I remember there being plenty of threads over on Defender2.net about them.

I ran 285/75/16s but in MT flavour, the only issue I had was lack of steering lock until I went to larger offset wheels. 

• 2 weeks later...