Bearings (RTC3416/RTC3426) no longer from Timken?

xychix

It appears the webshops I try for a set of good bearings all ar out of stock / no longer available.

I'm after a set (or 3 if they are this hard to come by) RTC3416 and RTC3426 (<1980 hub bearings).

not available at: johncraddockltd, paddocks, and-rover-parts-shop.com and several dutch parties I checked. As it needs to be send to the Netherlands I always prefer to buy at a 'bigger' web shop so I can properly fill my box before having it send.

Any hints on where to look?

Most LR bearings are nothing too special, local bearing shop/trade counter should be able to get them although proper industrial bearings attract proper industrial prices compared to the stuff turned out by the lowest bidder for Britpart...

Biggest problem in Europe will be the daft imperial sizes.

On 26-10-2017 at 9:34 AM, xychix said:

not available at: johncraddockltd, paddocks, and-rover-parts-shop.com and several dutch parties I checked. As it needs to be send to the Netherlands I always prefer to buy at a 'bigger' web shop 

Any hints on where to look?

You might try Googling "kegellagers engelse maten" . Several dutch companies do offer Imperial sizes.

All bearings have numbers stampt on de inner and outer race, and all bearing manufacturers use the same numbers.

The RTC numbers are just Land Rover part numbers.

The bearing numbers for the RTC3416 and RTC3426 are.

RTC3416: Outer race 354X.  bearing(inner race) 359S.

RTC3426: Outer race 11300. bearing(inner race) 11162.

Any good bearing supplier will be able to get you good quality bearing using those numbers.

Eric

Edited by Pepé le Pew