Southern Counties Off Road (SCOR) Comp Safari Championship 2018

Hi,

As some of you may now, I take part in this series and it's great fun. So I thought I would let people know about the series and when and where it's taking place for you to come and spectate, take part or even marshall. Or just come and look at the photos!

The next event is this coming Sunday, the 20th of May over at Bagshot near Guildford.

I heard they do need marshalls, so if you're free and want to come along and help then please visit the website: www.scor4x4.co.uk for cantact details or message the facebook page: Southern Counties Off Road Club.

Steve

Edited by steve200TDi

Hi Steve,

Would love to if I can. This what the AWDC used to be like before the wannabe rally drivers took over and the courses became flat fields! Ironically though Bagshot prooving ground was the first gravel track comp that started the decline IMHO.

9 hours ago, missingsid said:

Hi Steve,

Would love to if I can. This what the AWDC used to be like before the wannabe rally drivers took over and the courses became flat fields! Ironically though Bagshot prooving ground was the first gravel track comp that started the decline IMHO.

Yes, very true. A lot of the AWDC tracks are, as you say, flat fields! Where's the skill in that? You just need a fast vehicle. I love the tight technical tracks between trees even if it is fraught with danger!

Well, I'll see for myself on Sunday and report back! ;)

Steve

• 1 month later...

The next race is over at Bilsington Priory, a wonderful scenic location.

They need marshalls (a print screen!): On a side not, how do you reduce the size of the picture to remove all the white?!

98870190_scor4x4bills2018.thumb.jpg.ccb929297addf295284c92a97225bf2f.jpg

From here:

https://www.facebook.com/Southern-Counties-Off-Road-Club-30404284604/?hc_ref=ARSz7mx0VhGfcFgUHHJobxOKcFxlrXeX-pxKEbaCwFy4i95iwLDzCfCJlE4wAPnMRwM&fref=nf

And we wouldn't say no to spectators and budding photographers!

Checkout the website too: www.scor4x4.com

See you there!

Steve

Edited by steve200TDi