Bearmach - quality bearings?

Tractorman

Just bought another swivel kit from Bearmach, only to find the bearings proudly showing "Made in China"... (and the swivel pin from India)

I know there are "good" and "Bad" chinese stuff, but I I've bought Bearmach bearings in the past and usually

expect quality brands. Is this a move downmarket or is it a quality part?

Any thoughts?

I’m not sure about the Bearmach kit, but we’ve posted about Britpart being a surprising choice for swivel kits just recently. 

Their kits that have a G after the part number come with timken bearings and corteco seals.

Any kit or part with G at the end of the  p/n would be good cos G comes from "Genuine" and Britpart, Bearmach, Allmakes, etc are all acting as suppliers not as manufacturers and they can supply from cheap chinese aftermarkets to more expensive genuine or OEM or branded parts, the customer has the decision which one to buy

I understand that. However if you by a bearmach swivel seal "kit"  there is only 1 option for a '96 300tdi. It doesnt specify bearing brand or state 

origin . I originally bought the bearmach kit after reading on here how much superior it was compared to the little blue boxes.

Brand supplied is NWB which is uk based importer, know nothing about them. Don't know whether to bin them or use them...

16 hours ago, sierrafery said:

Any kit or part with G at the end of the  p/n would be good cos G comes from "Genuine" and Britpart, Bearmach, Allmakes, etc are all acting as suppliers not as manufacturers and they can supply from cheap chinese aftermarkets to more expensive genuine or OEM or branded parts, the customer has the decision which one to buy

My experience is that this is not always the case. A lot of rubbish comes from Britpart in G spec boxes and it is not even the OEM manufacturer judging from the marks (or lack of) on the items.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, reb78 said:

My experience is that this is not always the case. A lot of rubbish comes from Britpart in G spec boxes and it is not even the OEM manufacturer judging from the marks (or lack of) on the items.  

That's theyr's bad ...it means they must be reported to some authorities cos that G suffix must certainly come from Genuine

On 07/06/2018 at 9:57 PM, reb78 said:

I believe that is quite common, and would appear to be fraud.

On 6/9/2018 at 1:07 PM, Snagger said:

I believe that is quite common, and would appear to be fraud.

Yes. The easiest solution is to avoid the stuff though. I dont have time to pursue it. My last experience of this was several years ago, BP werent interested so they get no custom from me at all!

• Like 1