stickies

pugwash

same for all sections

new members need to be advised they can't just sign up and post now days after the constant spammers of a while ago

I think Jim was suggesting that a similar post at the top of the International (and others) forum might be appropriate too.

Chris

I think Jim was suggesting that a similar post at the top of the International (and others) forum might be appropriate too.

that's what i was trying to say- think the first place people will visit is international and not the vid section.

read first should also be in big letters so you definitely do read it first- stickis often seem to get ignored by users if they aren't blatantly obvious!

Just out of interest - how do you vet them?!?

Seriously, I mean. :unsure: Al.

New members are automatically placed on "moderator approval" which means a mod has to approve every post to make it visible to normal users. Once we decide that the new member is not a tit or a spammer then this is removed, usually fairly quickly, and they can post like everybody else. The spammers are rather obvious and so their posts and their user id's go straight in the bin!

There are also measures to vet their initial registration but for obvious reasons it is not prudent to say what those are or the spammers will use that information to their advantage :)