New Toy

Stellaghost

Hi Bowie69 Aluminium spool gun or steel depending upon gas does not connect to my mig but does connect to my handbag welder and my tig welder quite neat as the electrode and earth leads connect into the black box which provides power to the spool gun and also the 24v required for spool gun drive capable of up to 200 amps

Have aluminium spool wire coming tomorrow so will get to play providing your stick welder or tig have the small push and twist connectors it will fit a stick welder came with conversion connectors for larger welder sockets will weld aluminium mild steel and stainless obviously changing the gas as required spools are 0.5 kg I plan on using it for more awkward areas that's difficult to get at with my ACDC tig Zardos has found the one I've got although I only paid £30 obviously you pay for what you get it won't get loads of work so the cost is worth the gamble may be a review on the net somewhere not had a look as yet if it works well will not need to go to the expense of an ACDC tig if not much ally welding required will keep you posted

I'm such an idiot managed to connect the wrong way and blew a transistor shouldn't play when tired after night shift offending part removed will fit a new one when I get it on another note  my ACDC tig is a stahlwerk had it about 2 years with no issues got it originally to make my good lady's aluminium agility equipment don't use it loads but cost £700 and came with foot pedal screen and gauges according to what I've read on the net there after care service seems good, bit cheaper than £1200

7 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

I'm such an idiot managed to connect the wrong way and blew a transistor shouldn't play when tired after night shift offending part removed will fit a new one when I get it on another note  my ACDC tig is a stahlwerk had it about 2 years with no issues got it originally to make my good lady's aluminium agility equipment don't use it loads but cost £700 and came with foot pedal screen and gauges according to what I've read on the net there after care service seems good, bit cheaper than £1200

Is this the one? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WELDER-STAHLWERK-AC-DC-TIG-200-PULSE-a-PLASMA-CUTTER-WELDING-MACHINE-INVERTER/152808973097?epid=1255552468&hash=item23941fe329:g:TwwAAOSw~2VcADoS:rk:10:pf:0

Handy it does plasma cutting too!

10 hours ago, Gazzar said:

Thank you.

I'd appreciate that, I'd rather not put £1,200 into a tig that I'd use once a year if my Lidl inverter would do the job.

G.

I have been looking at the R tech tigs like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIG-Welder-AC-DC-R-Tech-160-Amp-240v-Free-foot-pedal-worth-142/291261362213?epid=645878346&hash=item43d087b025:g:IM4AAOSwhzRai-EK:rk:22:pf:0

But I'm sure it was only £800 when I last looked, but it does come with a peddle!

Steve

I dont know how you guys add links or split the conversations down to reply to a specific thing but then l  Can't  even plug a welder in correctly 😠the one I've got is in the pictures  hopefully the one I've got does not have plasma just tig and arc I  have a small 3 in 1 jasic with plasma great little machine has for 9 years now with no problems will cut up to 8mm mild steel

20181207_120909.jpg

20181207_120931.jpg

Edited by Stellaghost
Add info