On 3/4/2019 at 2:20 AM, JohnnoK said:

I see from that link that they are now part of Facom Group.

On the strength of using Facom tools every day at work for the last 8 years, I'd say find another supplier or buy older/used Britool stuff.

Fortunately, that's what I did, bought 2 old Britool torque wrenches

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TobyMellin said:

Like with most tool suppliers, they make it difficult to contact directly. They prefer you to use franchise/who you bought it from

Yes Toby, tried as much as I wanted, I could not find a direct contact for them. All suppliers' names popped up 

48 minutes ago, Sabre said:

Yes Toby, tried as much as I wanted, I could not find a direct contact for them. All suppliers' names popped up 

What is it your after exactly? Mac Tools are Britool distributors/spares suppliers. A mate of mine is a Mac Man, I could ask him if you need parts?

I once returned a Britool torque wrench and breaker bar to them for warranty in mid 2000s. The torque wrench was replaced but the breaker bar couldn’t be replaced because it wasn’t made by that Britool but the other Britool!!

Still love the last of the English made satin spanner’s from late 90’s. All that is left of them now in Cannock is a giant spanner sculpture where the factory once stood

Edited by oneandtwo

I bought a Britool torque wrench in a "Specials" pile of stuff at an Agricultural Co-Op on a trip to fix a broken-down chopper, but it's handle had been unscrewed completely and the shims had been lost and I could not get it close to calibrated with our Acratork at work, so I called the Distributor up and explained the story and asked if they could fix it for me as it had been a real bargain and was worth spending the money on.

Time and a half went by and they called to say it was not repairable, but that they didn't have the same Nm only model in stock and would Sir accept a bilingual Nm/Ft-lb one?

Sir most certainly DID accept it, with profuse thanks.

On 3/6/2019 at 7:21 PM, TobyMellin said:

What is it your after exactly? Mac Tools are Britool distributors/spares suppliers. A mate of mine is a Mac Man, I could ask him if you need parts?

Toby,

I bought 2 Britool wrenches 2nd hand (different models), and want to know all the do's and dont's of the 2. Also if any maintenance is required, and who the representative in South Africa is

Thanks 

6 hours ago, JohnnoK said:

I bought a Britool torque wrench in a "Specials" pile of stuff at an Agricultural Co-Op on a trip to fix a broken-down chopper, but it's handle had been unscrewed completely and the shims had been lost and I could not get it close to calibrated with our Acratork at work, so I called the Distributor up and explained the story and asked if they could fix it for me as it had been a real bargain and was worth spending the money on.

Time and a half went by and they called to say it was not repairable, but that they didn't have the same Nm only model in stock and would Sir accept a bilingual Nm/Ft-lb one?

Sir most certainly DID accept it, with profuse thanks.

John, 

I bought two 2nd hand ones at the recent George Old Car show. 

Who is the distributor in SA ? 

10 hours ago, Sabre said:

John, 

I bought two 2nd hand ones at the recent George Old Car show. 

Who is the distributor in SA ? 

Nice one!

I am not sure who the distributor is these days, I got mine back in 1997 at the Co-Op in Paulpietersburg and sent it to Joburg for repair.

I'm back in SA on the 18th, give me a call and I will ask a mate who has a Snap-On van and see if he knows. 083 556 1466

15 hours ago, JohnnoK said:

Nice one!

I am not sure who the distributor is these days, I got mine back in 1997 at the Co-Op in Paulpietersburg and sent it to Joburg for repair.

I'm back in SA on the 18th, give me a call and I will ask a mate who has a Snap-On van and see if he knows. 083 556 1466

Thanks John, will do so