Stub axle oil seal help needed

I am trying to get the correct part number of the front stub axle inner seal for my 1994 300TDI 90. The Land Rover parts diagram gives FTC840 or FTC3145 depending on the axle number but I am unable to find the number on my axle. Can anyone confirm which is correct or what the difference is. To confuse things even further, FTC3145 has been superseded by FTC5268 but both part numbers can be bought. I am totally rebuilding the front axles this coming weekend and do not want to put the wrong seals in.

Hi,

I had the same exact issue!

This seal runs on the cv joint just under the 'cup end. You will have to measure the seal land as FTC840 has a larger inner diameter compared to FTC3145. The difference is about 2mm! Around the '91 to '94 Land Rover did quite a few changes and I found this out the hard way by ordering parts that didn't fit. even the stub axle was superceded!

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info as I have done this exact job recently!

Steve

I'd buy FTC5268 as it supercedes, looks very similar and FTC3145 isn't readily supplied by LR as a genuine part. You could just buy both as they're pretty cheap.

Wholesalers will still use the old part number to appear in search results on google.