200 TDI

Peterla

I have notice in my RAVE manual it reccomneds new head bolts be fitted when the head hase been removed.

Is this a over kill or is this something i should adhear to.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Peter

acording to the LR manual you can reuse 200 tdi head bolts a maximum of 5 times as long as there not dammaged but if you don't know wether the heads been off before or how many times it might be worth a new set :D

mike

acording to the LR manual you can reuse 200 tdi head bolts a maximum of 5 times as long as there not dammaged but if you don't know wether the heads been off before or how many times it might be worth a new set :D

mike

My engine shop recomends new bolts as even if they have only been used the once before they have had premature gasket failures occur, but since using new bolts each time they have had no premature gasket failures. :unsure:

the bolts can streach with use, there is probably a way to check for this but i dont know what it is. i reused the bolts on my head & had no problems.

on a previous car i did have a problem with streaching bolts though, only way i noticed was they felt wrong as i did them up - never to that 'last grunt & its tight' feeling. if that makes any sense.

the bolts can streach with use, there is probably a way to check for this but i dont know what it is. i reused the bolts on my head & had no problems.

on a previous car i did have a problem with streaching bolts though, only way i noticed was they felt wrong as i did them up - never to that 'last grunt & its tight' feeling. if that makes any sense.

Ah the human torque wrench "3 grunts on a 4 foot bar and she's a good 'un" :D