Drive flange bolts

Hi gang, so twice I’ve ordered these bolts and found them not to fit. Sizes say M10 x 45 which I got today, went out and boom they won’t slide in past the outer hole. Funny as the thread size looks the same. Last time I got sent a flange bolt, the kind were it’s like a washer welded to the hex bolt. (Hope that makes sense)

so looking at BX110095 

they look like the same ones I got today. 

Its for 1987 110 with rear Salisbury axle. 

So which ones will defo fit mine? 

Thanks 

Mine is a 1989 110CSW it has separate spring washer under the 17mm hex head, 

You need FC110107L was AFU1181

BX110095M is for rear disc braked Salisbury axle, but if yours is converted to rear disc, stay with the FC number, I have, with no problem. 

2 hours ago, western said:

Mine is a 1989 110CSW it has separate spring washer under the 17mm hex head, 

You need FC110107L was AFU1181

BX110095M is for rear disc braked Salisbury axle, but if yours is converted to rear disc, stay with the FC number, I have, with no problem. 

Just normal drums on the back. Discs front but they didn’t fit front or back. I’ll have a look at that part number thanks Ralph 

Correction !! Just been out to make sure of the fronts as it’s been a while since I tried them. The bolts fit the front but, the originals are 5mm longer. Make a difference ? 

I’ve also got hex with spring washers. 

Suspect the 5mm longer is for the older thick drive flanges, whereas the thinner ones would use a shorter bolt. 

I can pull one of my rear drive flange bolts & meadure it, they are the originals as part numbered above. 

7 minutes ago, dailysleaze said:

Here are some dimensions: https://www.lrworkshop.com/parts/BX110095M

Those are the ones I ordered and they don’t fit the rear. They fit the front but are shorter than the ones that are in the truck just now. 

Part number AFu1181 brings up M10 x 50 so I’m hoping these are for the rear? I’ll see if I can get the rear back out tomorrow and do some exact measurements on them. 

6 minutes ago, western said:

Just pulled from my rear hub, 50mm long from under head to end of thread. 

IMG_20190716_204958.jpg

Thanks Ralph. Looks like the AFu1181 will be ordered and tried. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure they’ll fit Ralph, the M10 x 45 won’t fit the rear just the front. So the only difference would be the extra 5mm. Talk about confusing just to replace the bolts. I’ll end up just leaving them as I only wanted to replace them as a precaution, they’re actually in good nick.  

8 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

DC, take one of what you have into an engineering supplier and ask for more of the same 😊 

Mo

Aye probably better to do that than keep ordering bolts that won’t fit 😊👍

They are nothing special just 8.8 high tensile bolts, 

An example https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?q=8.8ht+bolts+50mm+long&client=ms-android-vf-gb-revc&biw=360&bih=654&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&prmd=sivn&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:740246495680115981,paur:ClkAsKraX0-tmhvmiUAhcW6U_ceGOit95zTm1i07SSSHvR4Il8oUdVD-XlVYLHjggs6ShJpdN09j2xxzwWQ9zoVdSV-HV3j8R4J7m3D9ZeLT0Hm0Yopbp38Y6hIZAFPVH73TPVUp2GbXwm0VDkTtFP93nKpvxg,prmr:1,pid:740246495680115981,cs:1

The reason for changing to flanged head is for the production machines to hold the heads as a normal hex head would slide deeper into the production  tool socket, whereas the flange stops that happening. 

• Like 1

I’ll measure mine later and put a pic or two up. I remember having trouble getting the dust caps on when I bought new ones. So they might be the thicker type..... they might 😂 

👍

• Like 1

Ok the width is 20 mm but I can’t measure the rear ones (they still look the same) due to the spacers. Both dust caps have the lip. So the big question is..... what bolts? I have the flange type somewhere in a cupboard somewhere in the loft, or is it the spare room 🤔🤔

5A74E428-9804-4721-8642-1D55AAD7CA9D.jpeg

D26E83AD-C76D-49D3-A58C-044CE13C4122.jpeg