Coolant pump stud oil leak defender 200tdi

reb78

29 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

Come on Ralph, this is Richard ! 😉

Mo 

Haha - I always think if I expect worse it must be better than I expect??! I fell asleep on the sofa last night so didnt get out and as far as striping the cover off of the sill. That joy can be for this evening!

YRM do all of these parts for the D1. Its about time they started doing them for the D2 I think!

Edited by reb78
  • Like 1

I think removing the stud, cleaning the thread and using a little sealant would be better than PTFE tape, which may be too thick and have too little give to get the stud back in correctly.  I think the oil cavity behind the stud is only pressurised by crank case breathing, not the oil pump, so a little sealant is not going to be forces past or dislodged if the bore’s threads are still a bit oily.

3 hours ago, western said:

I.ve never seen reb's D2 so not aware of its current condition, only what he tells us on here. 

Think Triggers Broom Ralph.

No, in all fairness, there's nothing wrong with his disco.

Richard, get a move on, your transfer box case is ready for you at last.

• Like 1

@V8 Freak , Neil, that would be good if you are passing Lutterworth at some point before we meet up?

PTFE tape on the stud has worked. No more oil leaking along it. 

Plus the D2 is now welded up and has passed its MOT. Thats two out of three cars fully working (for now!)

• Like 2