TD5 radiator and bracket part numbers

Adam001

Hi all,

Could some kind folk help me out with the parts numbers for TD5 cooling parts? I need a TD5 radiator, intercooler and the mounting hardware (Brackets etc) to fit it in place of my current set-up

I currently have a V8 rad in mine on a 200tdi chassis and I am swapping to the Td5 set-up.

Cheers,
Adam

The V8 radiator is more than a match for a diesel engine. They do not produce as much heat as a petrol. Wouldn't it be easier to mount an intercooler in front of that ?

There are two support brackets welded to the top of the front crossmember on the 4cyl and V8 models, which you will need to remove in order to fit the TD5 cooling pack.

I believe the TD5 assy will be too tall with them in place, and the support grommets are fitted to holes in the crossmember in place of the brackets IIRC

The TD5 radiator sits on two posts on the chassis (number 2 is one of them) and brackets 9 and 10 support the side, but I'm sure you could fabricate your own. Also the TD5 intercooler bolts to the radiator.Ā 

Maybe look on ebay for some used ones. Too late now, but Newbury sort out was on today!

Steve

Ah ok. Was confused on the chassis part of it. In that case this might be quite easy. Just cut off the chassis mounts and weld on some posts/nuts to secure it down and bend some simple brackets for the tops.

I would use the V8 rad but there's no space to get the intercooler pipes through unless you start cutting at the wings which I don't fancy!