Help ! 😂 my 300tdi cut out idling on my drive and won’t restart

Hi fairly new to defenders I have a 300 tdi 90, which has been running great, the other morning I started it up while I moved another vehicle out of the way to get out it ran for about five mins and cut out and won’t restart, I’ve changed the lift pump and checked I have 12v at the fuel cut solenoid. I have also cracked injectors one by one and appears to have fuel at each one when being turned over. Has anybody got any ideas what to check next? Before checking the timing hasn’t jumped  which I can’t see happening at idle. Thanks in advance Wes

If there is power to the FIP solenoid and it cranks then the immobiliser is off ?

It could be a faulty stop solenoid - remove it ( a bit tight to get to ) and take out the plunger and refit . If it starts you will need to stall it to stop it. Check for metal flakes while it's out - a CLEAN magnetic screwdriver in the hole works well .

cheers

Steve b

Ok , if it's smoking and making no effort to fire at all then the next thing to check is the timing . With the cover still on you can only check the crank to FIP timing , but it's a start .

If it appears ok removing the push-rods to check for straightness would show if the cam timing has slipped before you get into stripping the front to check the belt itself .

cheers

Steve b

Hi sorry for the delay I removed the timing belt cover to find a collapsed tensioner , I’ve since replaced the belt an re timed it up and still won’t start so I presume it’s bent valves or push rods or both so need to investigate a bit more has anyone got any experience on what order to check first 😁