Drive around days

JST

Ben - thats a shame, i am sure we could rig up a wash for them at the end!!! they go in enough water not to need it anyway. maybe next time you can bring one of them along as a codriver.....

on tyres front i would go 235/85s and if you can save the money a bit longer go for the BFG rather than the colway remould (they did seem to age quickly and wear rate is a fair bit higher than the BFGs)

Well i had a superd day today (shame only 2 of the original gang could make it) but low on numbers meant we went a little quicker around (in some places too quick!) Chris who filled on the slots seemed to enjoy himself in the susuki and looked to learn alot in the vehicles ability, Tim even managed to get it stuck for him at times. really good to drive some of the water sections after the last bit of rain these few days and some interesting climbs/decents through the day. new wing bars saved a wing as well so pleased with them (the others (sensibly) opted out of that descent! First time i have used a rear winch to unstick the rover off a tree on a drive around day anyway! Pine needles, rain and a steep decent dont mix that well when you add tyres!

anyway some pics:

some warm up descents to judge Chris' confidence prior to the day out and Tim, slightly out of line at the rear!

Tim1stdropSmall.jpg

The nice drop and a slow camera man!

SlowcameraSmall.jpg

TJ101 same drop

TimbigdropSmall.jpg

then off onto the lanes and to find some water

WadingSmall.jpg

DSN

wading3Small.jpg

onto a stream bed

RiverbedSmall.jpg

Riverbed2Small.jpg

a susuki will do a hell of a lot, well done Chris:

InholeSmall.jpg

OutholeSmall.jpg

some help for grip?

LittlepersuasionSmall.jpg

a nice drop into another stream from a tarmac road!

RoadriverdropSmall.jpg

yet more descents and water

NicedropinSmall.jpg

a happy driver!

HappySmall.jpg

an unhappy driver making sure it really stuck

ididntgetitstuckJonesSmall.jpg

up she climbs

ClimbSmall.jpg

water again

DanwaterSmall.jpg

some nice ruts

MudrunSmall.jpg

so a great day and enjoyed by all i hope.

hope those that couldn't make it sort out the various problems with vehicles etc.

next one is for the 14 April with J33P, if int regiester on sep thread please.

Les, you can come if your the one vehicle with the simex. no one today had them on though as the guy due to come with them couldn't make it.

Victor would be good for you to bring your truck along, when its finished...

good to see you out in the old girl chris

Mark

Yes thanks Mark, only had a few tugs.. you would have loved it load of muddy puddles!!! :lol:

Nice to see Rodney taking over the bitch side for Tim "Mark". Looks like you need to get your truck on the road or you might have Competition for the hot seat Mark. :lol:

Learnt a lot guys thanks, & thanks Richard for the excellent tracks on his land.

Yep great day and got a lot more driving than the day before at the CSW event. Probably 1 mile driven in 5 hours we reckon and most of that on the winch till it stopped working! :angry:

Anyway winch is working again after a quick investigation at JST workshop Sunday night. Looks like previous owner put free spool gear in round the wrong way so rather than full gear interaction with next gear, it had about 1/4. Unsurprisingly it finally stripped the teeth. Put it in round the other way, cleaned up the teeth on the main gear (dremel very useful) and seems to run again although a little noisy!

All my damage picked up on the DRD although nothing serious. Slight dent in side panel (codriver side so must be his fault!), bent exhaust (although doesn't seem to have broken so guess it will stay there) and a few eyebrow attachments ripped.

Was great day, shame the weather was appalling for the 3 hour drive back to Oxfordshire afterwards. Underside should be spotless with the amount of standing water and rain that got thrown at it.

Cheers for now and see you all again soon.

When I get sussed with pics I might even try to post some on here now I have broadband at home (on the leading edge of technology!).

Dan