Headliner

Starting to fit my Headliner, problems with the first bit at the front.  All holes Just about line up but its still sagging in the middle.  Thers plenty of room to get in from the back to Glue or maybe Velcro. but cant understand why it sags . Not sure if Ive missed somthing out or not.IMG_20200412_131755.thumb.jpg.3b443c4692c9a7a197aa4956ce1316fc.jpgIMG_20200412_133900.thumb.jpg.6c8e195bf2b1d853db273bf4d279c136.jpg 

The next section overlaps the section you've fitted then you put the fir tree clips through both sections into the roof brace , I'll get you a pic of my 110 tomorrow .

IMG_20200406_191407.jpg

If you look at your photo here , the piece that's first you fit over the driver , the second piece you fit next at the rear , the last piece is the middle section you fit that last , that overlaps the front and back sections which you fir tree clip through the two sections into the roof this stops them sagging , the rear two sections also clip down the center you shouldn't need glue or Velcro I'll get you a pic of my 110 tomorrow .

12 minutes ago, ianmayco68 said:

The next section overlaps the section you've fitted then you put the fir tree clips through both sections into the roof brace , I'll get you a pic of my 110 tomorrow .

IMG_20200406_191407.jpg

If you look at your photo here , the piece that's first you fit over the driver , the second piece you fit next at the rear , the last piece is the middle section you fit that last , that overlaps the front and back sections which you fir tree clip through the two sections into the roof this stops them sagging , the rear two sections also clip down the center you shouldn't need glue or Velcro I'll get you a pic of my 110 tomorrow .

Thanks Mate So fit the rear next then the centre last ? I notice that there is a hole in esch centre of other 2, pity there isn't one like that in the front one.

One thing I have noticed whilst looking at pics is this box section for light, here on the front in this pic, I know there is a recess in the liner but it only really rests on to this box, thus leaving a large gap hence the sagging,  Wonder if  this might need cutting out as would make it press firm against the roof,  Or Not 

IMG_20200412_133749_LI.jpg

IMG_20200412_134504.jpg

10 hours ago, ianmayco68 said:

I've not seen one of those , the interior light probably screws through the light base through the liner and into that . Have you got the light to have a look ?

Im sure its somewhere, Problem with my rebuild is I bought it as a rolling chassis and boxes full of parts, some of them missing. Didn't take it apart Hence all Questions on how to put back together.  🙂

5 minutes ago, ianmayco68 said:

image.thumb.jpg.bcf77670079a86fded1f232896d1f6f7.jpg

here you go the recess for the interior light is there but I fitted a MUD roof console so moved it forward.

Thanks. Gonna hunt my light out Im sure its there somewhere, not sure weather to cut round the box carefully to see if it stops Sagging,

2 minutes ago, western said:

The older glass covered interior light screws through he headliner & into that mounting plate, so when its fitted helps to keep the headliner in place.

Will try it up first Just thought will have to run wires from it to before finally putting all fixings in liner, which will be my next question, where to run them too. 

The older glass covered interior light screws through he headliner & into that mounting plate, so when its fitted helps to keep the headliner in place.

Will try it up first Just thought will have to run wires from it to before finally putting all fixings in liner, which will be my next question, where to run them too. 

the wires go along the roof to the right side internal gutter then down screen pillar to the dash switch between column & door.

I may still have my old glass light, will have a look.

9 minutes ago, western said:

the wires go along the roof to the right side internal gutter then down screen pillar to the dash switch between column & door.

I may still have my old glass light, will have a look.

Thanks Mate

Got the rear one in it fits Good no Sag with having a clip right in the middle. Ran a wire from Light down to dash ready for later. Just waiting on some Velcro for front , then I will try the centre bit up. Also got the bit for top of back door. some other bits too not sure where they go as this used to be  4 Door CSW, but its a Van now.

IMG_20200413_153223.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, western said:

Yes, that's how mine was wired.

Thanks tried the wire to live then touched another to bolt and it worked. Is there a switch on the dash?, or in my case will there be as haven't got that far yet, my whole dash is waiting to be wired and built up yet.