Windscreen to bulkhead seal

Hello to all,

currently in the process of re furbing my 1991 110 (was 200TDI) now 300TDI pickup, replacing seals etc. went to replace the windscreen to bulkhead seal and other than it has leaked at the outer corners at some point it is a proper all rubber seal.

Is this an ex military seal?( Windscreen can tilt forward on its hinges)as the currently available seals are all that closed cell foam type and this rubber seal seems a lot more sturdy, all the searches i have done just show the foam type seal. Do the military fit a different seal?

Thanks in advance

bulkhead seal.jpg

Edited by tiny1664
adding detail

Think it is just a change of spec over the years.

I junked my old rubber seal and replaced it with the foam-rubber type but it wasn't very effective so a couple of years later I recovered the old one (luckily it had only been banished to the deepest recesses of the shed) and refitted that instead.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm considering replacing mine as i have the roof off and screen tilted at the moment. There isn't a dealership anywhere close (N. Alberta Canada), i have rolls of sealing putty from a camper repair and am tempted to try using this. It won't dry out and is malleable. I know original is best and would be nice to use.