Thumbs up for Ruftraks

Lewis

Just thought I would recommend Ruftraks as a supplier of pink string. I found Andy Thomlinson easy to talk to and he didnt push me into buying something I didnt want/need (unlike some suppliers based in the south west). I got a good price on the ropes and was pleased to support a growing business who's proprietor is also a forum member

Here are the (pink) ropes

med_gallery_1739_203_141243.jpg

Although they look orange in the photo I was greeted by my Mum saying "Why have you bought pink rope, dont you think that gives off the wrong impression", yeah thanks mum :o:lol:

Thanks again Andy

Lewis :)

Wonder if we should have a "Vendors" forum where people could give thumbs up / thumbs down to vendors so members could flick through before buying? Or would that lead to problems if people weren't happy with certain companies?

I've always thought that, maybe it could include a section on which suppliers have offered a forum discount. Although if you include a list of good/bad suppliers it might degenerate into Moglites suggestion about forum members skills, which I thought was a good idea, but everyone else boo-ed down

Lewis :)

I think Andy's suggestion was booed down on the grounds of the world beating a path to people's doors if they were listed as being good at something. Obviously that may not be desirable, but for a vendor I don't think they'd mind a sudden flurry of trade :rolleyes:

The catch with this idea is of someone posts up "So-and-so are totally carp and a bunch of crooks" does it leave the forum open to legal issues or is it down to the individual poster?

I think Andy's suggestion was booed down on the grounds of the world beating a path to people's doors if they were listed as being good at something. Obviously that may not be desirable, but for a vendor I don't think they'd mind a sudden flurry of trade :rolleyes:

The catch with this idea is of someone posts up "So-and-so are totally carp and a bunch of crooks" does it leave the forum open to legal issues or is it down to the individual poster?

depends if it's libellous or not.

From my rather shaky legal studies at uni i seem to remember that a statement is generally libellous if it makes a judgement about someone (or their actions) which is not based on objective fact.

so if you said (for example) X ruin vehicles and do everything wrong then that "could" be libellous. If you said X had my vehicle for 2 weeks, trashed the side panels, added 10,000 miles and poured diseasel into my V8 then it definitely wouldn't be libellous as it's based on fact.

it would need policing, but the mods are up to it i reckon. it does work on other forums- both pirate and the LS1tech forum have a vendors section and will say who give discounts to forum members. It works both ways too- supplier woudl have 2000 potential customers right in front of them (the type of exposure which normally costs a fortune), and we get a nice discount!

Would have to be very very careful with the independant bit though IMO

it does work on other forums- both pirate and the LS1tech forum have a vendors section and will say who give discounts to forum members. It works both ways too- supplier woudl have 2000 potential customers right in front of them (the type of exposure which normally costs a fortune), and we get a nice discount!

They have this on the Mitsubishi Lancer Register too, it has kind of spawned a war between traders on who can offer the best discount, which is good for the punters I guess :)

Hi Lewis,

Many thanks for your kind words.

Ruftraks has been around now for about 6 years, I always try and give honest advice about the right product for the right use.

Glad you are happy with your purchase.

Kindest regards,

Andy Thomlinson.

Managing Director, Ruftraks UK limited.

Hi Lewis.

I don't like it in it's present condition.

Fine for wire as that will file it smooth with use.

You really need to polish it up on the inner edges, where the Plasma touches it, or replace it with new roller fairleads or a new hawse made from Aluminium or Stainless.

Any of these will do because they will not suffer from the dreaded rust - not kind to any synthetic.

Personal preference - Ali or stainless hawse, fit & forget!

Regards,

Andy.

Yup,

There has been a lot of noise about Ali v Stainless.

My view.

The only reason Ali wears is that it is softer than the Synthetic line, in my opinion this is a good thing!

Dirty Rope wears Ali, Stainless wears dirty rope!

Cost of Stainless, twice the price of Ali.

We are only talking £45 tops, not even the cost of a tank of fuel - if you have to replace it every year or two, then so be it!

I sell both so you decide.

Regards,

Andy thomlinson.