Rear callipers 200/300tdi

He was asking about Disco axles though Mo.

I had a 200Tdi Disco axle on the back of my 90 for a while and it had imperial hex-head caliper bolts. I then swapped it for a 300Tdi Disco axle which has bi-hex head metric caliper bolts and is also practically identical to a 300Tdi 90 rear axle.

One will be UNF and the other metric fine. It’s not a thing you want to cut corners on, so you’re best bet would be to buy a set of new rear calipers to suit the new axle.

You could probably use the metric bolts to fit your imperial calipers to the new axle, assuming that’s the way around you are swapping things, but I wouldn’t suggest it. I wouldn’t want to drive a vehicle with the wrong sized bolts holding the brake calipers on. 

Just checking through some old receipts and ironically the callipers on the 200tdi axle are/should be STC1265/4 which when cross referenced are the 300tdi axle callipers. So i have had 300tdi callipers on a 200tdi axle for the least few years. So they should swap over fine?

Please, please, use a thread gauge to measure the thread spacing, tpi or mm/thread, and use a mircrometer to measure the thread diameter.  Then, please, use the correct bolts.

Many SAE thread and bolt sizes are very close to Metric sizes, 

but they are not interchangeable. Please use compatible bolts and nuts.

Mike

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 9:57 PM, landroversforever said:

My rear axle is a 200 era D1 axle and its got the imperial caliper bolts. 7/16UNF IIRC.

Same for me, I have a RR classic rear axle on my 90 with 7/16 UNF thread. I learnt this when trying to put metric bolts in..... 

• Like 1