Secret Life of Components

Superpants

3 hours ago, steve200TDi said:

I hadn't heard of this and obviously too young to remember the original series!

Oh boy are you in for a treat - the whole lot are available on YT and/or through Tim Hunkin's website I'm pretty sure, if not just ask ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, monkie said:

He also used to make huge things like steam or water powered clocks. I think they are also on YouTube if you look for them

Check his website - he's done loads of clocks & moving sculptures, plus a load of brilliantly weird arcade machines, and I think he was involved in Pink Floyd's infamous giant pig balloon.

His career is very varied- If you get a chance to visit, the arcades in Southwold and London are well worth a visit.

My first exposure was when I was about 5, although I never relaised it until a couple of years ago. He illustrated a book 'making a car' which was one of my favourites. It was only when it turned up when clearing out books from my parents loft. I distinctly remember being fascinated by a page about putting the instrument panel together- which is one of the things i've ended up doing in my professional career.

Definately have a delve on his website, and if you can lay your hands on a copy, his book 'Almost Everything There is to Know' is fantastic. Amazon link Hadn't realised how much it is going for now!

• Like 1