LT95 300tdi compatibility

I don't think so. The LT 95 mates to the V8, which has a very different bolt pattern. You might find an adapter kit that gets you there, I'm not aware of any though. 

Also the gearbox levers might not be in the right place.

But why?

Finding/Repairing and fitting the original box for your 90 is probably the easiest way to get a working gearbox. Remember the ratios for a V8 will be quite different, and it will feel weird.

As you are based in Canada, I'd look around for a locally supported manual box that could fit, and remote mount the LT230 transfer box. Maybe a light truck?

The Why? is that there is a 300tdi available locally.

Parts for Rovers are as scarce in NS as Jeep parts would be in the UK.

I have a 3.5L and the LT95 that I am considering putting into my 90. 

The 90 has a 200tdi +LT77 with a 1.4 transfer case that is going into my 110.

I could put the V8 and LT95 into the 90 or take the 2.5 N/A+LT77 and 1.67 that are presently in the 110 and put them in the 90. 

Just want to not miss an opportunity if the 300tdi might work.

5 hours ago, Gazzar said:

As you are based in Canada, I'd look around for a locally supported manual box that could fit, and remote mount the LT230 transfer box. Maybe a light truck?

Want to keep things Rover. Thanks

They can be mated with an adaptor plate and reworked spigot bush - the gearbox will slot into existing holes in the chassis.  Getting the clutch plate/arm/slave set up will be a fiddle but should be easy enough to find the best combo on the internet somewhere. 

I ran a 2.8 isuzu tdi with LT95 in a very heavy Range Rover and found the ratios were fine,  can't see a 300tdi/LT95 in a 90 would struggle with the ratios.