LED headlights

My headlights are showing signs of rust on the reflectors and will need replacing before too long and I am considering replacing them with LED's to improve the brightness.

Can anyone recommend a decent brand which would not break the bank as the price range for LED headlights is very wide. My current halogen bulbs aren't bad on high beam as I also have driving lamps come on at the same time but low beam on country lanes isn't very good compared to a modern car and I am finding that I need more light on the road as I get older.

I got the Trucklite LEDs at the point my lights went the way yours have. They are the best budget and legal set on the market I think (or were at the time). Still not cheap mind. Do a search on here - their pros and cons have been discussed a few times. Other legal brands get quite expensive in comparison but may have a better light output/spread.

• 1 month later...

I have the Britpart ones and they are excellent, much better beam pattern than some more expensive ones I've seen. One failed due to a component coming loose with vibration, but was a simple repair. I would recommend them to anyone.

I wa looking at replacing my current lights with these https://ore4x4.co.uk/shop/ltprtz/headlights/defender-led-headlights/ from ORE but they'll cost an arm and a leg by the time I get them to SA.

So have decided on getting these https://www.stedi.com.au/stedi-7-inch-carbon-charcoal-led-headlight.html from Stedi, as there is a local agent in SA.

Only major difference is that the LTPRTZ have a 3yr warranty whereas the Stedi's have a 2 yr.