New member. Santana 109 especìal

Todosol1

Hi all. I'm Tony, from England but live in Spain.

I've just bought my 1st Spanish Landrover.  A 1979, Santana 109 especìal, 2.25 diesel. She has spent her time working in the olive groves so needs a little care. I've no doubt I'm going to have some questions for you knowledgeable guys. She's roadworthy and is running fine so let's see. I've just made a quick YouTube vid giving her the once over if anyone cares to see.

Looking forward to being part of this forum.

• Like 3

Thanks for the welcome. Will definitely be posting some photos. I'm also going to need parts. Wheel bearings and trackrod ends top of the list at the moment. Does anyone know a good supplier bearing in mind I'm in Spain? Cheers

We’ve just spent the last six weeks road and track tripping around Spain. (Currently between Bilbao and San Sebastián). I don’t know of local suppliers but there seem to be a huge number of Santanas and LR Defenders on the road so I don’t think you will have any problem finding supplier recommendations. 

52 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

We’ve just spent the last six weeks road and track tripping around Spain.

Damn, not a chance in the world I could get 6 weeks off, very envious

Hope you are having a great time regards Stephen

Managed to stop working, that’s why. Before that it was two weeks max.

Made a plan / target about halfway through my working life and managed to stick to it. I have been self employed for a lot of that time and that has helped and hindered, as it can be very hard to turn work down.

Hope you are doing ok @Stellaghost

7D7AE7D7-5F08-4084-B889-40E31941D000.jpeg

BBE43236-F6D4-431E-B793-4F3B4F4744C5.jpeg

• Like 2

Doing Champion thankyou for asking

At the moment I'm dancing to other people's timetables and playing a waiting game but that's life

On the plus side it has given me some motivation to crack on and try and get most of the heavy stuff out the way before I'm possibly laid up

Very happy your plan worked out, a lot of people think that having your own business is great but they do not realise how bloody hard you have to work to build a solid reputation, well done

I did plan to retire at 55 but when I got there I realised I wasn't ready and I actually enjoy work so I moved the timetable but that is open to change, we will see what the future brings 

Enjoy the rest of your holiday regards Stephen 

• Like 1