Newbury and more

henk

Tomorrow our shopping tour starts with a visit to Ashcroft (Luton) and then to All wheel Trim (Witney) and Saturday afternoon we go to Newbury.

Are there any other interesting shops on our tour that are worth a visit?

you could go to the heritage centre in Gaydon, which is an indoor activity with lots of land rovers. The indoor bit is important, because right now it looks like we are in the middle of a Monsoon!

Bicester village is where all the rich visitors go, and requires a Porsche or new Range Rover to enter. Not a bad call, but it depends on what you drive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:08 AM, landroversforever said:

Having seen Henk and friends at newbury on a few occasions.... I think he's after Land Rover stuff going by the way they fill their trailers :lol: 

Ross is right, we come for LR parts and it was a successfull show again.

Last time we came was in 2019 and we all had still the paper banknotes … 🤢

No exchange in a postoffice or bank possible, only in an exchange office in the mall in Lutonbut we lost 8% 😓

I went there myself again, and got some rear seats for my Landy, and met a few people. As an aside, when I walked back to the car park, I came across a family who had walked back to the car park with a load of bits, only to find their car stolen. I know this happened in the past, but clearly, has not been solved with all the security staff present. That is disappointing, and I will not take my Landy there again as a result.

Daan

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Daan said:

I went there myself again, and got some rear seats for my Landy, and met a few people. As an aside, when I walked back to the car park, I came across a family who had walked back to the car park with a load of bits, only to find their car stolen. I know this happened in the past, but clearly, has not been solved with all the security staff present. That is disappointing, and I will not take my Landy there again as a result.

Daan

I saw some pictures of that, gutted for them :(