Clutch repairs, what else while stripped?

1991 Defender 2.5NA.  The clutch judders when starting in 1st or 2nd.  There is a slight vibration/rattley noise from the clutch that stops when the clutch pedal is pressed.  I assume a new clutch plate and bearing.  I’m physically not able to do the work now so it will be going into an old Irish garage that’s repairs anything.  They are familiar with LR’s and have done work for me before.  While its stripped down is there anything else they should look at or replace ?  Cam belt will be replaced at the same time.

Definitely get a reinforced clutch fork, or the upgrade to the bushed type if preferred.

I’m not particularly convinced a metal release bearing carrier is necessary unless you’re doing a lot of work where you’re sat with the clutch pedal pressed for long periods of time. But maybe it’s one of those things where it’s not much more to put an upgraded part in than a standard one?

6 hours ago, Retroanaconda said:

I’m not particularly convinced a metal release bearing carrier is necessary unless you’re doing a lot of work where you’re sat with the clutch pedal pressed for long periods of time. But maybe it’s one of those things where it’s not much more to put an upgraded part in than a standard one?

I've had one fail through a slightly dragging release arm and that overheated & melted the bearing so changed a quick repair into a complete clutch job. A metal carrier may not have lasted forever but it might've gotten me a lot further.

And yes, they're hardly expensive.

20 hours ago, hurbie said:

is this the one Britannica Restaurations sels ?

I have one of those going into my RRC.  Nice piece of kit, though I don’t know how much better it might be than the forks reinforced with a washer or steel strip.  The plastic bush has lasted decades in my well used SIII, though.