Steering column lower roller bearing

Hello everyone, 

New on the forum I just bought a 110 double cab pick up 2008 puma TD4 2.4 Spectre replica.

I'm from Belgium near France border of Lille.

Awesome car but with some technical problem.

Does somenone has the size and/or model of the lower roller bearingof the steering column?

Mine is literally missing and I would like to order one before to disassamble everything

On my late 300tdi (so '98), the lower bearing was the lower bearing was 22.5mm id, 35.7mm od, 9.5mm wide, and marked INA F-49273.2

I don't know if the bearing is the same in the various different columns (at least 3 different part numbers). There was a change around 2008, but I would guess there's a decent chance the bearing is the same size.

• 5 months later...
On 5/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, TSD said:

On my late 300tdi (so '98), the lower bearing was the lower bearing was 22.5mm id, 35.7mm od, 9.5mm wide, and marked INA F-49273.2

I don't know if the bearing is the same in the various different columns (at least 3 different part numbers). There was a change around 2008, but I would guess there's a decent chance the bearing is the same size.

These are not accurate measurements for that bearing I have stripped a few columns and now come up with a solution that’s viable 

10 hours ago, Dev90 said:

These are not accurate measurements for that bearing I have stripped a few columns and now come up with a solution that’s viable 

Why not help out by posting the accurate measurements then?

13 hours ago, Dev90 said:

The bearing is imperial size  0.875" by 1.406"

The older column part no is 22x36 2RS. Managed to order 22x36x9.5mm bearing from a  local supplier. When I get them if they fit will share the make and part no. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so , i'm in the same boat now , while removing the steering wheel from the French donor for the Eurover project , the lower bearing fell apart . so i'm on the hunt for a bearing also ...

i e-mailed https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com to see if they can supply us with the right make and model (or a bearing ...) , not much hope on a decent outcome , but you never know ....

1 hour ago, hurbie said:

so , i'm in the same boat now , while removing the steering wheel from the French donor for the Eurover project , the lower bearing fell apart . so i'm on the hunt for a bearing also ...

i e-mailed https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com to see if they can supply us with the right make and model (or a bearing ...) , not much hope on a decent outcome , but you never know ....

See the link above mate I’ve been making the bushes on eBay 

2 hours ago, hurbie said:

i'm not in for a DIY bush replacement , i just want a decent bearing ....

Will let you know if the bearing I ordered is any good. Might be a couple of weeks tho as it's on order.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hurbie said:

i'm not in for a DIY bush replacement , i just want a decent bearing ....

Probably better off just buying a column then as from what I found it was a special bearing not available 

2 hours ago, Dev90 said:

Probably better off just buying a column then as from what I found it was a special bearing not available 

We'll see about that, I ordered a couple of 22x36x9.5mm bearings from my local bearing shop which may be the right ones.

2 hours ago, hurbie said:

or a off the shelf bearing with "speedsleave's" to make them fit .

Doubt you'll find any that fit without machining the steering shaft. Closest commercialy available bearings I found is 20x32x10mm

i seem to have found the one 🙂 

from my measurements i have this :

outside 35.8mm or 1.40" (1 13/32") don't know if this is the correct translation

inside 22.2 or 0.87" (7/8" ) this is the shaft size , not the inside off the bearing)

thickness 9.6mm 0.37" (3/8")

and after a long time googling i found this

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/153998864061

if you scroll down the bottom it state's the size's in inches and they seem to match .

way to expensive , so i keep hunting 🙂 

• Like 1

The size seems right, but as you said, expensive.

The pair I ordered were 15€ each, still expensive for what they are but better than a complete column, just hope they fit. Once I get them, I'll update you if they fit properly and the part no

• Like 1

got an answer from Landrover  , not much use   "Landrover never serviced the bearing seperatly" 

on my question who made the steeringshaft's the answer was "not allowed to share supplier information"

so , not much help.

the good news is that a replacement column is still availeble  :  QMB101620

Edited by hurbie

19 hours ago, hurbie said:

got an answer from Landrover  , not much use   "Landrover never serviced the bearing seperatly" 

on my question who made the steeringshaft's the answer was "not allowed to share supplier information"

so , not much help.

the good news is that a replacement column is still availeble  :  QMB101620

The original bearing is made by ina but it’s not listed anywhere at all