Storage nets

I

On 6/13/2023 at 3:56 PM, bishbosh said:

Has anyone successfully attached one of these 370 x 185mm Plastic Frame Net – MUD-UK (mudstuff.co.uk) to their headlining?

If so, what type of fixing did you use please?

I am assuming the fixings are only in the headlining and not into any of the roof ribs.

I did many years ago Bish, big washers on the back, they were fine 👍

Mo

Wouldn't necessarily need the setting tool - use a longer than needed bolt to pull it in, then revert to the shorter one for actual fitting. A bit laborious perhaps, but isn't everything Landy related?

21 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Should be OK with the bolt/nuts method. Win a nut most of the way onto a long enough bolt, wind the bolt in just enough, and holding that still with a spanner tighten the nut. 

This only works if you can stop the fixing spinning which as these don't have any tangs (like the plasterboard versions) may prove to be difficult. I have a tool for setting the plasterboard ones so should be good to go. :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bishbosh said:

This only works if you can stop the fixing spinning which as these don't have any tangs (like the plasterboard versions) may prove to be difficult. I have a tool for setting the plasterboard ones so should be good to go. :)

It does work, same as doing a rivnut without the proper tool. 

• 1 month later...