Defenderupgrades.co.uk - are they still trading?

muzaz

Does anyone know if Defenderupgrades.co.uk are still in business? I asked for shipping quotes multiple times, both using their online contact form and also by direct email. No reply. 

Anyone used their services recently?

Yes, the website looks like it's up and running and their FB page last post was July, so I would think they're still doing business.

I was checking on a winch bumper and other stuff they have as the prices are good. The description says to fill in a contact form for international shipping...but a couple of weeks later and follow up emails I still have to get a reply. 

15 minutes ago, jeremy996 said:

It could be that they are struggling to get someone to quote - post Brexit getting transport costs can be a bit of a pig.

Then they should send a reply stating that they are making shipping enquiries.  That they have not, after several follow up messages by Muzak, suggests they are either shut down or a terrible business to deal with.  Either way, I would walk away.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jeremy996 said:

It could be that they are struggling to get someone to quote - post Brexit getting transport costs can be a bit of a pig.

Could be, but at least they could let me know they're working on it. I don't mind waiting but not aimlessly.

An other UK based seller, Island 4x4, sends shipping quotes within a couple of days and the prices are good and delivery fast, within a week from order.

I hope I do get a reply from them as prices are good, as I'm not in a hurry will wait and email them once again. Failing that will look elsewhere or local to me.

20 hours ago, muzaz said:

Island 4x4, sends shipping quotes within a couple of days and the prices are good and delivery fast, within a week from order.

You are screwed if you ever have a problem with a part with them then - happy to take your money, not happy to resolve problems when they occur... just making you aware!

Got a reply yesterday after another email, did get sort of a shipping quote :

"Would cost almost the same as the bumper to ship this "

So I'll pass on that, in the meantime I got a £160 shipping quote for the same bumper from MM4X4 which I think is reasonable enough. Might get some other stuff I need so the shipping cost is spread further.

• Like 1