V8 cutting out in puddles!

CPHG

I have a gorgeous 2004 Japanese import Discovery 2 V8. She is wonderful especially underneath, but she has a tendency of cutting out momentarily, especially on right hand bends going through a puddle which is hardly safe.  Before I spend hours underneath and running through the wiring, does anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening? The ignition light goes on, the engine cuts out and after a few yards the engine kicks back in and I’m away. Thank you 

Is it a manual?

I would look at your HT leads going to the spark plugs and coil packs, maybe start it up in the dark and see if you can see sparks jumping between them and the engine -if so just replace them.

If the ignition light goes on, then it could be the belt slipping, check condition and replace if necessary.

,,,,,and maybe slow down through puddles! :D 

On 12/11/2023 at 9:16 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

Worth saying - fit genuine or at least good quality ignition parts, the stock setup is marginal at best and cheap parts will make it worse.

NGK plugs too.

What about the ignition system on a Bosch/Thor V8 is marginal according to you?