Battery drain

defender dinky

Well first thing to do is make sure everything is turned off like interior lights etc . check the glove box light is off.

Check all windows are closed and not trying to permanently operate etc etc.

There's a few options for this issue so that's a good place to start.

final stage resistor is the most common cause and is an easy fix.

Edited by Shep The Disco

Well to start with I disabled security light, to see if still happens, when it stops raining I will be checking alternator, battery, where is the resistor located, another problem don't know if its related but the display screen doesn't always display only getting the land rover emblem and orange light flashing on the audio button,dd

If you get that much voltage drop between the alternator and the battery, you either have a poor connection causing excessive resistance or a very high current going into the battery. As above, 11.59V is too low, so the battery wasn't properly charged before or it is not holding charge.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Shep The Disco said:

Stick black tape over the sensors. That should solve the problems if that's what's causing it.

I suspect it's an RF one as that's how the keyfob remotes work too - mobile phone towers and the like are known to keep "waking up" the alarm system with stray signals.

3 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I suspect it's an RF one as that's how the keyfob remotes work too - mobile phone towers and the like are known to keep "waking up" the alarm system with stray signals.

Is there not a movement sensor in the interior of the RR that reacts to light movement in order to detect break ins?