What wires are these two set of wires in the engine bay for?

soutie

I have a 1989 110 county. Originally it was a TD. In my engine bay on the left and right hand side, coming out of the lights wiring loom is a sheathed bit. It is either Purple Blue or it could be a Pink Blue wire and a Black wire. Looking at the wiring diagram I can't find what they belong to. Are they pre-wired for spotlights? Or what are they used for?

20231231_144654.jpg

20231231_143742.jpg

20231231_143721.jpg

20231231_145730.jpg

Edited by soutie

if PU (purple blue) it is the door pillar switch but that doesn't have a black cable as the ground is through the screw so I don't think it is that.

Edit: but it does go to both sides and has the sleeving that would drop down the pillars so maybe it is...

If it is UK (blue pink) then that would be left dip lamp but wouldn't that terminate on a three-way headlamp connector?

Vin plate snapped in my ownership. Can you get a new one made?

Door switches makes sense. I had somebody add central locking and an alarm and he wired all the door switches in red and green. It makes sense if he did not use the front two door wires.