older vs late style swivel pin longevity

hi,

my 110 has a td5 front axle and swivel setup. with 35" tires i'm ruining the swivel bearings quite often.  if i convert to the 300tdi style pin setup will they last longer?  

thanks!

As I remember, the TD5 does have a different top pin, to allow the ABS sensor to poke through. They use a conical bearing that sits directly on the pin instead of a roller bearing with an inner race as earlier models. Seems less sturdy to me but I'm not sure you can change back to the earlier type without also changing the swivel housing.

ABS vehicles use a different pin with an integrated bearing as above. Non-ABS should be same as 300Tdi.

200Tdi and earlier use the railko bush at the top. No idea whether it would be considered stronger or not though?

Do you have large offset wheels or spacers fitted?

Imagine which forces are applied when cornering. I believe two bearings are better, because steering becomes more sensitive. Tapped bearings can take a lot in radial direction. But most important is correct clearence. Thats best for longevity. Otherwise vertical slams will destroy the surfaces.