Puddle lights

Have you got the 10AS working in yours? That will turn on the interior lights when you disarm the alarm off the fob. I have wired-in footwell led strips too, so they come on with those lights. I don't have puddle lights.

4 hours ago, Peaklander said:

Have you got the 10AS working in yours? That will turn on the interior lights when you disarm the alarm off the fob. I have wired-in footwell led strips too, so they come on with those lights. I don't have puddle lights.

I’ve seen nice little door mirrors upgrade 

see photo,

I have a 10as but I don’t think it’s working as the interior light don’t come on when you earth out the door switch and the alarm sounder constantly on when the 5 pin brown plug is plugged in but will get another to replace it.

(110 is in bits chassis upgrade)

EB8B7890-A970-4D4E-8DFE-647A2CD7C4EA.jpeg

You have a thread somewhere which covers diagnosing the wiring around the 10AS and its alarm etc. If you want to do what the Volvo yellow button does then I suggest that you work through that thread again and sort the alarm system.

I would think that 10AS unit itself is OK but having checked everything else you can send it and your fobs to Paul at https://www.technozen-electronics.co.uk and he will check it over. Or send it first to make sure that the functions you want are active.

With a working 10AS and correctly operating door switches and key fobs, you will get the interior lamps coming on and off at the push of the fob buttons and can then extend to puddle lamps or whatever you want.

16 hours ago, reb78 said:

£££. Or you could just mount a cheaper lamp under the sill that doesn’t move in a way that the door blocks the light when open…

Nice idea to link it to an extra fob button, though.  I was looking at the central locking threads and some of the manufathay cropped up there.  I was heading down the plan of getting the two button fobs because I won’t have an actuated boot lid, but your idea has made me rethink that and see that a three button fob is a much better idea, using the boot lid opening button for this.  Nice idea - thanks!

IMG_0741.png

2 hours ago, Peaklander said:

You have a thread somewhere which covers diagnosing the wiring around the 10AS and its alarm etc. If you want to do what the Volvo yellow button does then I suggest that you work through that thread again and sort the alarm system.

I would think that 10AS unit itself is OK but having checked everything else you can send it and your fobs to Paul at https://www.technozen-electronics.co.uk and he will check it over. Or send it first to make sure that the functions you want are active.

With a working 10AS and correctly operating door switches and key fobs, you will get the interior lamps coming on and off at the push of the fob buttons and can then extend to puddle lamps or whatever you want.

Great 

my port don’t work as the td5 loom don’t have an ecu 

it’s a 200 tdi with td5 whole loom 

1 hour ago, Snagger said:

£££. Or you could just mount a cheaper lamp under the sill that doesn’t move in a way that the door blocks the light when open…

Nice idea to link it to an extra fob button, though.  I was looking at the central locking threads and some of the manufathay cropped up there.  I was heading down the plan of getting the two button fobs because I won’t have an actuated boot lid, but your idea has made me rethink that and see that a three button fob is a much better idea, using the boot lid opening button for this.  Nice idea - thanks!

IMG_0741.png

I have an after market locking actuators on mine will get round to wiring then all in and electric windows soon too.

We have been here before on your other thread.

That fob talks to the 10AS. That sets and resets the alarm. When configured correctly it can also lock and unlock the doors at the same time as setting resetting the alarm. It also can immobilise the engine but you don't need to do that.

It also controls the interior lights when they are in DOOR position rather than ON or OFF. This is because the door switches are connected to the 10AS and it then controls the lamp circuit.

Getting this working is the best way to get interior lamps and central locking working off a fob. It makes no sense to me to introduce another system and fob. Get working what you have.

33 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

We have been here before on your other thread.

That fob talks to the 10AS. That sets and resets the alarm. When configured correctly it can also lock and unlock the doors at the same time as setting resetting the alarm. It also can immobilise the engine but you don't need to do that.

It also controls the interior lights when they are in DOOR position rather than ON or OFF. This is because the door switches are connected to the 10AS and it then controls the lamp circuit.

Getting this working is the best way to get interior lamps and central locking working off a fob. It makes no sense to me to introduce another system and fob. Get working what you have.

Do me a favour please don’t get involved with my messages if it’s a problem for you as I sense bit of resentment  (if that’s the right word) going on please just move on

ive not posted anything about wanting to put puddle lights on my Land Rover here till now yesterday/today

please just move on. 

When I posted about my 10as it was about something else to do with it 

thanks 

3 hours ago, Green200tdi said:

Did they turn on interior lights when unlocked?

On myRRC, unlocking the doors would activate puddle lights and the interior lights on a timer, dimming down to nothing after short while of being on at normal brightness.  Starting the ignition would instantly cut short the timer or dimmer and extinguish the circuit.  I don’t know what circuits it had, but the alarm ECU was replaced with one from a D2.

Do me a favour please don’t get involved with my messages if it’s a problem for you as I sense bit of resentment  (if that’s the right word) going on please just move on

ive not posted anything about wanting to put puddle lights on my Land Rover here till now yesterday/today

please just move on. 

When I posted about my 10as it was about something else to do with it 

thanks 

But the puddle lights will work off the same circuit as the interior light if you get the 10AsS working as it should, and use what you have.

You come here for advice and that’s what I am offering.

I am suggesting that your request for help on this thread and your previous unresolved alarm thread are connected. As @Bowie69 also says, get the 10AS sorted and then the puddle lights are simple. 

2 hours ago, Peaklander said:

You come here for advice and that’s what I am offering.

I am suggesting that your request for help on this thread and your previous unresolved alarm thread are connected. As @Bowie69 also says, get the 10AS sorted and then the puddle lights are simple. 

Just give up Peaklander. Its not worth worrying about.