Quick detach wings?

I think you need the special 'guick dettach tool' often more commenly referred to as 'trees' :ph34r:

i have seen some small 'clips' often used on track cars that do a quarter turn and lock in but cant remember their name i would have thought albert jagger or similer will do them.

flip front?

http://www.ovlr.org/nl/OVLR.nl.flipfront.html

thre is a series 2 in the uk that flips the other way i cant find the site i'm afraid. it ran on coild with a 4.6 i believe and i think had cruise control. its creator was something of a boffin i think. had a 4.6 sherpa too.

found it

not too much detial on flip front though

http://www.cowdery.org.uk/v8rebuild.php

Bolt some angle iron to the bulkhead instead of the wings - weld captive nuts/cut threads in these and use bolts or drill holes and use aluminium pop-rivets to secure the wing skins to these sections.

At the front construct a framework to suppost the radiator and grill panel independantly of the wings, this can easily be made boltable to the two brackets on the chassis dumbirons that the wings usually bolt to.

Screw bolts into the captive nuts on the inside faces of the wings (where they bolt to the grill suround) from the wrong side, ie from the headlight side, then use wing nuts on these (on the grill panel side)

Alter the wiring for lights so that they can disconnect with one multi-plug

Mount any ancillaries that are usually on the inner wings onto brackets off the engine or bulkhead (easier on a diesel as you have more space around the lump)

The above makes for a perfectly secure front end

Gratuitous spamming photo follows, though you can see where the angle iron is near the bulkhead - it this case its just welded to the roll cage

SD530344.jpg

It took me literally 30seconds to remove the passenger side wing - just cut the heads off the aluminium rivets with a 13mm drill and undo the 2 nuts/bolts at the grill panel. Drivers side took longer as I had to remove the winch albright and its associated wiring, and undo 1 bolt that held the header tank on

Lewis :)

Probably a bit over the top, but Dzus fasteners are good too:

dzus1.jpg

IIRC Quite a lot of panels on aircraft are held on with Dzus fasteners - so should be good enough for the job. They are very secure when fastened but very quick to undo. good kit :)

Rog