North Offroad Freelander

SOA 93

I believe that the one that was shown at Donnington was Richard Hawse's, on here as Dlander.

He has done alot to this truck since buying it from North Offroad, like the winches, uprated diffs, an underdrive, the roof scope(by miketomcat) and other stuff.

The truck was featured in LRO in November 2006 issue(this actual one). It is quoted in the mag as:

"Shaun could make you just about anything. But to take the cheapest route, you'd start with an old Disco or Range Rover and get rid of the body. Deliver it to Shaun - he'll modify the rear of the chassis, fit the rollcage/spaceframe, and all the body panels and the basic interior. Then its delivered back to you for trimming. That will cost £5800."

If that is wrong, blame LRO as i have quoted word for word the article.

Hope thats of help.

perhaps we can get some pics and more infor from shaun, i f he can post on here, why do indivual email when we can all see it! :rolleyes:

Hi there are quite a few pictures of the work I have done on the prototype dlander once I got it off Shaun, you can find them here http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...&hl=dlander

I have to say that I have been very please with the package and it has done all that I have wished to to do. I have fitted steel doors so I can have full opening windows. If anyone wants to pm me for further details let me know. I dont work for North or have any connection with them apart from being a customer.

I am plainning for the truck to be at Eastnor show and at Billing, so if your there come over and say hi.