roll cage plates

russ1

I know I'm gonna sound like a complete smeghead here, but since its a safety device...

If you need to buy in the plates, are you sure you're capable of building a safe cage? :ph34r:

Sorry to ask - maybe its fine and you just can't be bothered to make the plates yourself or something, which is cool. Just a thought is all.

:)

Al. :)

ASTRO AL

Its more i want the plates at the right shape ( bent to shape of the tub )

I dont have the tools at home to bent flat plate. in respect to building a cage that will be strong, that wont be a problem.

Thanks people i have sent a e-mail to QT.

I know I'm gonna sound like a complete smeghead here, but since its a safety device...

If you need to buy in the plates, are you sure you're capable of building a safe cage? :ph34r:

Sorry to ask - maybe its fine and you just can't be bothered to make the plates yourself or something, which is cool. Just a thought is all.

:)

Al. :)

Strange that, we buy plates in, we cant even do a weld prep, we get another company to do that for us,

but

we do manage to build to build destroyers, aircraft carriers and other big things.

Just noticed you're in Portsmouth unclebill - have I seen your truck about? Are you a ShireLRC member? (If not, why not??? :D )

Hi, wessex Hillrunners, slindon, blueish disco, 255x85 BFG, external rollcage, Pompey dockyard, must try to get out more if the nurses will let me.

ASTRO AL

Its more i want the plates at the right shape ( bent to shape of the tub )

I dont have the tools at home to bent flat plate. in respect to building a cage that will be strong, that wont be a problem.

Thanks people i have sent a e-mail to QT.

Bent to the shape of the tub??? But the bottom of the tub is flat?? You're not thinking of trying to mount a cage to the body cappings are you?

Cant work out what you're trying to do!

Take a look at the ARC rules on their website as it gives very good information about what is a good and bad design for roll cage mounts. Regardless of whether you're going to compete or not, the best (safest) designs are done that way for a reason!

Jon

Strange that, we buy plates in, we cant even do a weld prep, we get another company to do that for us,

but

we do manage to build to build destroyers, aircraft carriers and other big things.

you work for VT then Bill?

We send all sorts of stuff to you, almost every week at work...