SatNav for Seven Sisters

Mark

I prepaation for the Shires Seven Sisters weekend, I have been thining about My Sat Nave...

Currently Running Memory Map on my iPaq which works very well... where the roads are mapped. Miketomcat showed me what I think was oziexplorer using a combination of scanned OS map and aerial photos but can I do that with MM? I think possibly not.

Can I run Ozi on a iPaq? if so does anyone have the scanned maps/photos that I need to sue with it?

Any help appreciated... :)

ta

Mark

I prepaation for the Shires Seven Sisters weekend, I have been thining about My Sat Nave...

Currently Running Memory Map on my iPaq which works very well... where the roads are mapped.

Memory-Map have full UK OS mapping available at various scales as well as aerial photography maps too.

Can I run Ozi on a iPaq? if so does anyone have the scanned maps/photos that I need to sue with it?

Yes you can, there is a PocketPC version. You'd have to scan and calibrate the maps yourself though.

Meant to say that I am using MM2004 - since I have the entire UK on 1:50k but am too cheap to upgrade... does that version accept aerial photographs?

Will have to investigate Ozi a bit deeper though...

Meant to say that I am using MM2004 - since I have the entire UK on 1:50k but am too cheap to upgrade... does that version accept aerial photographs?

Will have to investigate Ozi a bit deeper though...

If you buy a new map set then they will come with the later application anyway?

I have a high res aerial photo of the site if anyone wants a copy. Its A3 at 200 dpi I think, 25cm resolution

Not had much at calibrating it for MM though, did it off six points and it was still about 250m out!

I have a high res aerial photo of the site if anyone wants a copy. Its A3 at 200 dpi I think, 25cm resolution

Not had much at calibrating it for MM though, did it off six points and it was still about 250m out!

Yes please :D

I've not tried calibration in MM, but its easy enough in Ozi-explorer.

If I can get it calibrated, I can make the calibration available too.

andrew AT marshallsay dot com