2007 Defender

Guest dew110CSW
not to me they won't, I think the bulge could have been designed into the bonnet much better than it is, looks like a after thought to me & not very nice at all.

2nd'd, Personally I think it looks silly and ruins the defenders lines.

have you driven it yet?

Cheers Rich...

Rich, I have not driven it but I like the look of it.

As you have driven, can you tell me please, has the "revised seating arrangement" reduced the chance of

suffering from defender elbow?

Do Kev Baldwins Mud RAils off set the seat then please ralph?

Nope, they raise it to allow the seat to slide back further over the seatbox frame at the back of the existing slider mechanism, but by raising the seat your slightly hiher & elbows in a beeter position.

have a look here --mudrails looks like Kev has been on the case & updated the site to include the '07 Defenders :D

To confirm, the 'revised seating layout' applies to the rear seats only. The front seating position in the 07 Defender hasn't changed at all. People have mentioned that the front seats appear to be different, but our impression from the 07 model we played with certainly suggested that the seats are no different whatsoever from the Td5 seats.

In fact, the new dash makes things worse for longer legged drivers. The driver now sits with his left knee resting on the central binnacle and the passengers knees now rest on the dash tray. If you're tall, the new dash gives the impression of even less room!

nice customer at the petrol station let me sit in their new defender, very nice

seemed weird that they couldnt have a three seats in the truckcab model so they had to get it retro-fitted.

or is that just matford land rover not knowing their arse from their elbow?

Guest diesel_jim
In fact, the new dash makes things worse for longer legged drivers. The driver now sits with his left knee resting on the central binnacle and the passengers knees now rest on the dash tray. If you're tall, the new dash gives the impression of even less room!

hear hear!!! :angry:

Well the son of a work colleague collected his 90 Hard top 07 Defender on Friday. Had been promised several times so was delayed but has finally arrived.

Obviously early days but he is really pleased with it, feels it goes better (compared to his 300tdi 90 he had before), more refined, less squeaks and rattles etc.

He had the county spec but not sure what extras that gave him. He currently plans to fit the speedliner stuff in the back as he is always moving his surveying kit around so hopefully protect it better and maybe reduce noise a little further.

If I hear anything else, I will let you know.

Cheers,

Centre seat is now an option. Has been for some time. Local farmer was moaning to me recently how he had to pay something like £250 for the centre seat fitting on his last two new Defenders.

Bloody marketing teams - cost me £400 for the extra two seats to make the 110 a 7 seater. When I bought the TD5 it had 12 seats as standard.

The price did go up, because they forgot that the extra rear (7) seats are now a option, (a lot of the dealer ordered stock cars are only 5 seat, as they did not realise its now a extra)

As posted,, £370 + the vat, but a lot cheaper that having genuine ones retrofitted !!! another way of lifting the price up,,

Just back from my testdrive. I drove the same 90HT as Diesel_Jim - it has done over 1000 miles now. :) It goes very well and is much quieter inside - although it could do with more sound insulation in the rear I think. The stereo seems to work well with much better sound quality than the old ones. I found the dash OK, the blowers are certainly a lot better. Don't like the bonnet any better in the flesh than I did in the pictures though. The handbrake is a right PITA, they have moved it about 2-3" further to the right to accommodate the bigger tunnel and now my left leg rests against it all the time which is somewhat annoying - so much so that if I were to buy one I would also buy the LHD brackets for it!. :( I also found the clutch to be rather abrupt. Anti-stall is good though. :)

Chris

Hmm, If our Kev should get to read this, I am beginning to think that I might be beter offf looking for a 2005/2006 model, hey even a Limited Edition Black :D

If you're a long legged driver, there are ways of sorting this shortage of legroom ;) Just sold the first set of rails to an 07 customer today!

Forget the new dash. The deal clincher for the 07 model is the engine and box. I love it.

Going for the Td5 will save you money. That way you can save up for the 6-spd Transit box conversion that I'm sure someone in Luton is working on right now....